Tuesday, June 07, 2011

6 Months After...

Well, for starters the title of this post can very well be used for a movie. It would resonate a romantic/comedic chord with people who hear it. It has been ages sine my last post, and blogging became a victim of pressure faced through work and professional studies. Looking ahead, I'm happy to get back to blogging and write my thoughts of a virtual diary. One interesting thing I noticed is that my number of followers have grown to 7!! I think a round of applause and a pat on the back should do it for me.

Today, I sat for an exam after 2 years since leaving uni, that too, my first professional exam. Exams of this nature are quite perplexing because you can't gauge your status before doing the paper. Back in uni before sitting for final exams I would always know where I stood, and how much I needed to score to get an A or A-. I hate to say it but not having carry marks gives you a certain level of uncertainty and insecurity. Surprisingly, I didn't feel an intense level of pressure as I used to when sitting for uni exams. Maybe it was because I didn't have a much content to memorize since the exam was based on a case.

I did feel slightly nauseous as always before sitting for exams; its something that I have been unsuccessful in overcoming. While getting ready to leave home I felt as if time had drifted back to Malaysia. All the routines I used to do back then are still vividly encapsulated within me. It's abnormally satisfying to recall certain moments of your life that made life worth living. Sitting for exams in Malaysia reinforced a belief that I could excel academically, while previously I couldn't. It was my main driver and motivator through uni, no doubt about that!!

Now back to Sri Lanka. Traveling a long way to the exam venue is not something I relish. Its to do a lot with taking 10 minutes to reach CAC in uni. Oh well... I suppose you can't have it all. En route to the exam my bus driver violated traffic rules and got a ticket as well. Yes folks, this only happens in Lanka!! I almost forgot- before leaving home it started to rain, and that reminded me of how people could make it to CAC from the hostels without getting wet. In a way, today was rather nostalgic with sprinkles of pre-exam jitters. The SLECC seemed quite a good venue to host an exam, but not so grand as the CAC, and halfway through the exam there was a power cut. And you have another 'only in Sri Lanka' moment (drum roll please)!! My right hand still hurts from all the writing because its just been so long since I wrote that much.

I have done 2 subjects and got another 2 to go which are only assignment submissions due in September. My only hope is I make through these two subjects since my exam record is still intact without any failures.

So...here's looking to get back to blogging then.

No comments: