Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

First of all this is not about that fairy tale everyone has heard about. This is the unorthodox version of sleeping beauty. A practical application to the topic would be come off as more apt.

Every morning, as in my daily routine, I travel by train/part subway whatever you might call it. So far, I have not sat during my morning travels because there aren’t any available seats. Most of the time there aren’t any seats in the evening when I return either. Especially, during the mornings I see a lot of women dozing off at their seats, some even while standing. Talk about a new breed of women!!?? Ever since that time, I have always taken an interest to see how many women fall asleep while in the train. I found out there are quite a few. The reasons are simply beyond me.

Maybe it’s the stress at work or just plain old fatigue. But whatever it may be, the image becomes a bit awry after sometime. Honestly in my opinion the local women are smarter than men in most departments. Whether it may be academics, clothes etc. Why?? That is a question only God can answer. In my view, a woman dozing off comes as a mixed opportunity. Should I look/stare or should I not?? Of course, this depends on the woman’s likeability factor. Thus far it has been quite an enjoyable ride.

1 comment:

Najia said...

i take the lrt to work everyday and i never get seats either :-( i spos it's good, i can shake off the sleepiness by standing. loads of women sleep on the train in the mornings. i cant do it or else i'll wake up on the other end of the line!