Friday, July 11, 2008

Season of change

As of last Monday, I started my final year in university. A lot of things were raving through my mind just thinking about it. Feelings like excitement, uncertainty, fear and many others rocket my boat of thoughts leaving me pondering. I quipped to one of my lecturers that after another 9 months I would be a “free man.” She promptly replied in the following “not really, better find a job.” The dilemmas coming ahead are simply beyond me, that’s for sure.

On Sunday, I got my hands dirty along with others parts of my body to clean up my messy room. I even cleaned the fan of its many years of dirt and soot. Surprising how much of dirt can get accumulated over a period of 4 years. It’s been a blessing that I haven’t shifted room like the others due to my ‘international’ status as a student. Praise the Lord! That’s all I’m saying.

A subject that I am supposed to check is business law. Although, being the son of a lawyer, I still have not found it as an edge in understanding the subject. I can’t comprehend for the life of me how my father did it. Then again his standard of English is far better than mine. I hope a major part of that will rub off against me in due time. I managed to retrieve the law case that I am supposed to review, and it’s like Greek to me. I swear, this is the first time that the English I have read made little sense to me. Hats off to all those budding law students who are laughing at this poor soul holding your sides as you read this. I am making it a point to get all the help from my law buddies whom I have befriended. I think it must be a sort of blessing in disguise.

Oh you law experts, here I come to be a small thorn by your side with my wisecracks and rib tickling humour. I have to be subtle because pleading and begging in a blog would sound desperate.

3 comments:

monday173 said...

Hello there, found this blog from Najia's blog list.

I can relate to your pain in understanding legal crapolla. I'm a law student and everything still sounds Greek to me.

Hang in there. Just harass any law student friends of yours. That ought to help.

Loner said...

hello back to you. Thank you very much for the empathy, could do a lot more from where that comes from. By the way, are you in laws with the rest as well?

I have already mentioned to aisya and najia of my intention to harass them. Aisya also proposed Lubna, so more the merrier in it? cheers

Najia said...

yes, no problem, u can harass any time of the day! we understand that it's all greek to non-law students like u and it is even for us sometimes!