Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tick-tock......tick-tock

Last week things took a huge turn, first for the better, then almost for the worse. After going to work for 2 days I came under a heavy headache that later morphed into fever by the next morning. H1N1 being very rampant, I called in sick and went to clinic. While on my way I began to wonder if they would treat someone who is no longer a student (I had done clearance already!!)?? My body started to ache and everything felt abnormally heavy, even my footsteps!! After an examination by the doctor, not to mention medical leave for 5 days, I was ordered to rest and keep away from people. Only last Friday did I realise that I'm going to be a painful recipient of a tooth at the end of my left jaw. Wisdom has not been this painful, I swear. A pat on the back goes to Miss. Psychic for sending me the symptoms of H1N1 at a time when I was fearing the worst. I can only eat from my right side, even then I can't move my jaw as before. Poor me :(

As far as my job goes, there is not much of action going on in the office. Who am I kidding because it only has about 7 people. My first assignment was to draft a Ramadhan appeal brochure in English, which will be distributed for collecting funds. Plan is to disburse all these funds to needy Muslims around the world. I came across a few old photo albums that spoke a lot in terms of images. Bosnia, Afghanistan, Cambodia and a lot of countries were filled inside my brain; people, faces, places seemed to leap out from the album pages. I can't imagine how it must have been to provide relief when on one side there is danger to ones life. I'm very content for the time being as to what I do because there is clarity and comprehension of tasks.

Since the past 2 months I have developed a hate mixed with disgust towards the university hostel administration. Requesting for an extension of stay was entertained in such a way that they wanted my friends and I shift to another location far away and share a cubicle too!! I mean its just utter bullshit. We declined the idea and in the process got a 'transit' room, the condition is nothing short of deplorable. We would have happily paid for our old room, but these idiots said it's not possible. Why is it that I have to deal with so much shit and dumbass people?? I have more to write about my garden of higher learning in due time that will shock many people. Thus, my mates are very actively hunting for a place to rent. Most likely, it seems that moving to a new place would occur during the fasting month whether we like it or not.

No comments: