Friday, May 29, 2009

A kiss from a Rose

Fanny: Don’t waste my time. Choose something we have.

Max: I would like a lifetime spent with an irrational and suspicious goddess.........some short-tempered jealousy on the side, and a bottle of wine that tastes like you; a glass never empty. Forgive my lips, they find joy in the most unusual places.

(A Good Year- 2006)


As I had finished watching this movie -one of my handful of activities at present, productive or not- there lingered a slight sense of curiosity spurred on by a dreamlike fascination of how a real kiss would feel. In reality, there is no argument that such an experience is light-years away from where I stand; neither is my intention to expedite the entire process. There is no point in a kiss if it does not have a purpose. This of course is my opinion, which many people would disagree completely and have me shot for saying it. But I can hardly care. I believe its time for me to let myself loose from my shackles of giving a damn of what people think about my blog and its content. As long as no one files a defamation suit against me, that would be bliss. Being anonymous is my way of doing things.


Last year, while on holiday in the motherland, a friend of mine -a woman who in my mind is starkly unconventional from most I’ve met- posed a question that hit me like a hurricane. She asked me if I had been kissed before, and I replied in the negative, while still reeling from the effects of it. Talk about a straight arrow. She was good enough to show her sympathy towards my plight, which for some reason amused me. I still think about it and a wide smile is sure to ensue. How ironic it seemed that people used it as a measure to gauge people. I don’t mind and couldn’t care less, but it’s being done. Having said all of that, the thought would not leave my mind anytime soon.


In post-war news, Sri Lanka has managed to escape a UNHRC resolution aimed at probing into war crimes done by the armed forces. I’m not going to say that, there were no crimes committed, but war brings out the savagery from its combatants. But I do believe that armed forces would have done less harm as compared to the LTTE. Most Tamils are an ignorant lot from my observations, and the Tamils in Malaysia are no exception. One only has to dangle the carrot symbolising the Tamil cause before them and everything is forgotten- even reason. It’s very distressing and irritating to learn that these people are just groping in the dark. I read a news article that the Tamils want announcements to be made in their lingo in Malaysia airports. I say good luck with that because the answer is almost predictable. NO. For small percentage of the population these Tamils are very demanding. Maybe it’s in their genes!??!

No comments: