Monday, May 18, 2009

Time to blow out the candle

It’s very natural that whatever is started should see its end. This principle applies to almost anything, thus being universal. Man is born and eventually dies, and so the cycle goes on. In my best interest I have decided to end something that started about a year ago.

I saw a woman who caught my attention at first sight. She was to me, a woman like none other. The occasion was to celebrate someone’s 'special' day and she happened to be attending. Since that day I have not been able to forget her. A vision indeed!! But as always, in my case nothing goes according to plan. I called her Ms. X to protect her identity and also from being teased. What can I say; I’m quite the thoughtful type.

The hardest part is not giving up, or whining about the situation, but accepting reality as it is. I believe that I’m quite good at it. I can take high dose of hurtful reality without a second thought. It must be how I have conditioned myself. Yippee, for me!! All of my major decisions so far in any aspect have been evaluated numerous times by my cognitive senses. So far my heart has not overridden my mind. I wonder if it ever will??

After this, the chase stops and every other thing with it. Neither will I pursue any matter related to this topic. It’s not because of the lack in interest, but more about expending effort for such an endeavour. I think that effort is best utilised for matters of higher priority. Higher priority as in putting my family first along with matters concerning them, and I come second. While it lasted, there were highs and lows, satisfaction and frustration, infatuation and now, the end.

Like the bard had said “It’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” All I can say is that I didn’t lose, but merely carrying on with the hope of hoping to love someday.

Moving on

Adieu, my fair lady; time has come to part
Time spent with thee was indeed memorable
I'm letting the thought of you leave me- completely!!
Hence, I have no other option, but to move on

Indeed, 'twas a pleasure knowing you
Listening to all your opinions and points of view
Thou art a 'stimulating' woman, in personality and character
Alas, an illusion is an element quite vain for me to hold on

I'm thankful for a serendipitous encounter when we first met
You were asking people to sign a banner against apostacy
Then 3 years later, there you were right in front of me
On that day, I tried so hard not to stare, and every time hence

At first, I was in denial about liking you
I tried to chuck it all away, but failed miserably
As time passed, I was drawn to you more, so hopelessly
But your manner of denial I've never heard nor seen before

I know you like Norah Jones, and can listen to her all day
Then Faulkner, Harper, Johnson and "maybe" Mayer
I think your 'virtual' diary speaks volumes of you
Its too bad 'time' was not on my side to know more

It's a pity that my subtle hints were of no use
How I wish they were untrue; tell me you lied!!!
And I was not after someone else in the "council"
My dear it was YOU, too bad you couldn't see it

I could have come and professed my intentions to you
But I was told, it would cause you much worry and anxiety
I know you aren't strong enough to handle it, that's too bad
It's the sole reason that held me back, like a bloody mute

Even if I talk-the-talk, I can't walk-the-walk; so helpless I seem
There are so many things that take precedence before me
I'm all too familiar with things not going in my way
All I can do is leave it to God, and be on my way

I wish you the very best in life and in everything you do
You're a lady who is gorgeous in every way- truly!!
You're Ms. X and in time your traces will wither away
In the end, I wish to be set free of thy aura forever

Adieu my fair lady..........adieu!!