Saturday, November 21, 2009

Going back in rewind

It has been a week since landing in the golden shores of my motherland. One thing I must mention is that not a lot has changed. Among some of the significant things done by me include attending a friends wedding (though I can't remember the last time attending one at home), paying for a year long gym membership (got to stay in shape!!), and applying for jobs the very next day I landed. Thus far, there have not been any replies.

When I look back at my tenure in Malaysia, it is satisfying to know there is no unfinished business; even in the case of Ms. X. For once, my mind is clear and not in bits and pieces, neither does it wander aimlessly. Frankly, I did the right thing, so too, thought my 'panel' of advisers who have been by my side. The end result was as expected, but I took heart in a single aspect; I never had any expectations in the first place. As a start, my advisers were quite realistic regarding my pursuit, therefore gave me wise consultation. In the end, it all boils down to one thing- can you handle it?!? If that be a resounding and confident 'yes', then I would say good on you; but if one can't, that's too bad.

At present, I'm all about back-tracking, tuning myself to the local rhythm. Since I'm going to be here for quite sometime, I thought let's make the best of it. My statistics lecturer during my first sem in uni inquired as to who liked the subject, to which a few raised their hands. To the rest of the class he said this- "If you don't like statistics there's nothing much can be done, but LEARN to like it." I think that saying is quite apt given my scenario. I have optimism about one thing, and that is, somehow everything would work out, Insha Allah.

It will not be a cake walk because I realise there is a lot being expected from me. In my eyes I have to deliver, whatever the cost to myself. In the past years I learned about priorities the hard way!! First, in Malaysia, it was my studies and not a lot other activities. Now, its my family, and I have no intention of failing, it's not an option. I realise very well, after speaking to my parents what is expected of me, as the eldest child. Sacrifices by oneself have to be made because that's the only way to give priority to another, and it ain't gonna be easy.

My blog of late has been very depressing, that being my own opinion. What happened to that humorous, innuendo-prone, jovial man?!!? Answer to that one only rests in the hands of God. But I really do hope that man would pay me a visit and stay for a long time. I need that chap more than anything, or anyone right now; he is only person who can keep me going.

No comments: