Sunday, July 25, 2010

Laughing out LOUD!!!


Whatever life brings forth, it would do you wonders to let it out with a laugh.

After arriving in the motherland late last year I've been catching up with people for all the lost time over the years. Last Friday, I was invited to dinner at a friends' house whom I had not seen in 6 years. Apart from myself a few other close friends were also there. One guy couldn't make it since he was on honeymoon, and didn't trust the rest enough to say where he is; he only gave a rough locale between two destinations- how about that for secrecy?.

A friend recently returned from Malaysia and couldn't to my irritation start talking how lovely it was. Although, it was fascinating to him I already knew the good, the bad, and the ugly about Malaysia. But in one question he succeeded in making my spirits sink- "how did you have the heart to leave Malaysia?" Then, I had to tell him in brief of what transpired reliving again a difficult part of my life.

It didn't take long to realise that I was the only guy with nothing to show for. Of course, looking back I have achievements, but there's no point resting on ones laurels. My school records are part of the past, my degree only a piece of paper and nothing more. You start thinking how all this came about, or what you did wrong, is it already too late?!? It seemed like others are moving ahead with life with plans to get married, starting a new business, taking over their dad's business and much more. And there I was... still unemployed!!

All those feelings soon passed when the guys started talking about school: the pranks, fights, punishments, ups and downs, and all those in between. The entirety of it was a laughing session which ceased to stop for hours; things kept on coming up from all the guys. As my sides started to ache I thought of the last time I laughed so loud and hard.

And you know what? I couldn't remember.....

No comments: