Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Awesome-ness of black

A few minutes ago, I experienced total darkness in my entire block. Somebody had most probably been part of an exercise that had made the trip twitch go off. Few guys came out of their rooms with torches in hand. I have a torch, but that has not been used in a long time, and the batteries are dead anyway. I stayed in the dark for about 4 minutes. It felt very nice, a familiar feeling I used to encounter back home. I don’t know why some people associate negative notions regarding black. Black to me is beautiful, although it’s been stereotyped into many aspects by numerous people. There is a Somali guy I know and he is of the purest of heart, I swear. He is such a kind hearted soul full of life and optimism at all times. May God keep him that way for the rest of his life. Never take things at face value, because what you see is definitely not what you get.

I have moved a step higher in the office environment. I started downloading files from today, relating to my many interests. For once the affects of sleepiness did not wrap its tender embrace around me as is the custom. I never even thought of sleep; the computer belonged to me, and me alone. I managed to download business week (May 2008), which was indeed welcome. Anyone needing this just let me know along with their email. The other incentive being most of the people in the marketing dept. had gone on their errands. I ruled the entire dept. for most of the day. In spite of all the excitement, I also managed to complete a spot of work, which is very dignifying. Apparently, most of them know I’m bored to death. One can feel the vibe when the questions asked from you are “so, looks like your bored ahh??” Need I say more?

I only hope the good download days remain and continue to prosper. I’m also putting office resources to better and more productive use, whether you believe it or not.

No comments: