Monday, May 12, 2008

The morning party

Every man dreads the thought of waking up early on the Sunday, which is unanimously dubbed “men’s sleeping day”. Taking up my friends invitation for a birthday party invitation was indeed quite promising. Frankly, I must admit I cant recall the last time that I went for a birthday party of a person. There was a slight tingle of excitement laced with smidgen of laziness not wanting me to get up from bed.

My clock, as it so happens, being an old model gives out a thunderous noise at the set time. It was successful in waking me up from deep slumber while the phone was constantly being pressed on snooze. The ritual of shaving had to be done today because going to a party looking like a street bum would not have been cool. The venue was in a place in which we haven’t gone before and took a lot effort to find. In the process the cabby was successful in ripping off my friend and I due to our lack and belief in justice. We had no choice but to go with him since we were running late for the party. Of course, being Sri Lankan adherence to certain aspect cannot be compromised like arriving late to certain events hosted by others. Some have also come late to functions that were to be hosted by them entirely.

Good for us the b’day girl hadn’t arrived and that was the most important thing. My friends and I were scared if we would draw attention away from the b’day girl for arriving late. Although, the b’day girl arrived late we still summed all our courage to say “surprise!!!!!!!!!!” which we hope had an affect on her. After getting introduced; having lunch; more chit chat among the buddies; we had spent about 3 hours in the restaurant, or was it more!!!??? Anyway, after singing the song, customary act would be to clap. We were shocked when a gentleman at distant table was clapping louder than we were. Oh!! The shame of not clapping hearty and loudly on a friend’s b’day. All in all, it was a Sunday to remember topped off with going to starbucks and moseying away back to uni.

No comments: