Sunday, May 18, 2008

Perfect Sunday

Waking up at 2.30 pm is a good reason for anyone to frown and give his/her opinion on how one should utilize their time more efficiently. I am not in the mood for any of this since today is Sunday. In my book Sunday gives you the right, the undisputed no-questions-asked power, to wake up anytime you please. Lunch was a welcome prospect at the canteen, which was a nice change. In all the years that I’ve stayed in Malaysia, I can count the number of times home cooked meals came my way. Guess you can’t have everything in a foreign land, right??

A movie sets your mood for the entire day, thus I settled for Forest Gump. I know, those of you reading must be thinking, “why Forest Gump now!?!” As they say “better late than never.” I started to play the movie. The entire movie clocked a time of 2 hours and 22 min, which I thought was quite long for a Hollywood movie. Beginning of the movie was in the normal fashion, and nothing extraordinary. As it progressed, the more intriguing it became along with its ability to captivate my interest in the life of Forest Gump. A person with below average IQ managed to achieve such a feat in his life. That itself in my perspective is a phenomenal achievement.

Throughout the film Forest is always thinking of Jenny. It seems as though she is his entire world and more. I may not be a critic, but it can’t be helped, the signals are clear as day. Forests’ strong dedication and concern for Jenny appealed to me. He was not afraid to show it to her, even when he considered him stupid. In spite of Jenny being harsh and unkind to Forest, he still didn’t forget her. Jenny asks Forest in the film “why are you so good to me??” Then he says “because you my girl.” That was a perfect reply, no doubt about it.

My wish would be that; one woman and one love.

I don’t believe in the dating and break-up game being portrayed by the secular world. I waited until age 22 to get into a relationship that lasted only 3 months, and that being long distance. One month in SL and the other 2 in Malaysia, quite surprisingly lasted exactly 3 months. I got rejected on the dawn of that day in an internet cafĂ©. How dramatic and pitiful is that? Nothing like breaking up via IM, that’s for sure. Looking back mum was right, but how come she’s always right? That I would never know.

I don’t believe in tears after break-ups and neither having to do anything with the past. I gave it my best shot thinking it would work out. I was honest, truthful and sincere. My ex did have experience being in a relationship before; I was only a toddler in that respect. I wanted only ONE relationship for the whole of my life. I suppose that was not to be.

1 comment:

Najia said...

there's a restaurant based on forrest gump the movie. it's called bubba gump shrimp co. the specialty is shrimp of cos :-) it's at curve and i've been wanting to go there, just have to wait for my allowance to be debited hehe! if u like shrimp, we can always go there.
funnily enough, i too started dating at 22! i want that one rship, one guy til death do us part as well. not interested in having flings! i'm sorry to hear that u and ur ex broke up via IM, that's just not right!