Monday, December 01, 2008

The old night owl days and……. how to shake it!!

The past week certainly was a stomach full for most people around the world. With militants playing havoc in Bombay, Indian security establishments were caught unaware to the severity of being complacent in fortifying key establishments in the country. One thing that the terrorists in lanka don’t do is take prisoners. They’d rather blow up the entire place than deal with a hostage situation. It looks like no place is safe anymore.

I felt like shooting those militants myself given the chance. I swear!! It made my blood boil to volcanic proportions. How can a group in their right mind ender a public area and start firing a hail of bullets? These people must be seriously brainwashed beyond repair, or hearts that are of stone.

Yesterday, I met with another group of mates. After most of the guys departed, I and another two, set off to a really magical place. My friend said that there would be a friend’s party, so I thought why not. We got there by about 10 pm and met a few people who had come for the party, none of whom I knew. Then the three of us went off to have a quiet session of catching up, and update ourselves on the latest gossip. Yes people, we do indulge in the occasion gossip, although showing no interest of it in public.

The place was by the sea, and we had to cross the railway tracks that run in front of the restaurant. It was lit by lanterns and candlelight; furniture was purely of wood giving it a very rustic aura, while the wooden pillars of the two large huts were wrapped with coir rope. Sea breeze wriggles through the drooping branches of the coconut trees in the premises. As you go beyond the fenced perimeters of the restaurant, it opens out to the sea and to huts made for a smaller company of people. As we sat there, listening to the sounds of the sea in its never-ending waves, the skies flaunted its scores of stars for us to look upon. Tilting your head towards that clear night sky was nothing short of breath-taking. Orion seemed to be shining bright as ever. I think we were the only same sex group in that entire place, sad indeed.

I was also thinking what if Miss. X was here to take in the ambience of this place. Hmm!!

Then, I got a call as to what time I would reach home. Emak called at 12.30 pm sounding a bit worried, but I calmed her in minutes. The place was too good to leave!! I reached home an hour later to find my bro opening the door. It has been a long time since I stayed late, and it felt somewhat like old times.

At lunch, emak after giving me a peck on the cheek reminded me that there’s only 19 days more for me here. It suddenly dawned on me that the countdown has begun. I can hear the clock going tick-tock, tick-tock. At the supermarket emak taught me how to choose coconuts. The secret is to shake the coconut and be able to hear the water inside it clearly. Thus, the next time you folks go to buy a coconut, I hope you know what to do.

Yea baby, that’s right…… SHAKE IT!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww, emak wants to spend time with u. that's so adorable. yes, the clock is ticking, after that hello msia and hello final sem lol.
i feel like gunning the terrorists too