Monday, June 08, 2009

Hollow moments

Ever since the start of my job search cum self imposed vacation there has not been anything striking that I've done at all. To say this period has been awesome and really cool would be way of deceiving myself. Yes, there have been great moments, but they never last. After sometime you're back to doing the mundane things you used to do. In my case I'm not even doing the mundane activities I used to do earlier like studying. It's not like I miss studying, rather having nothing to keep me occupied. While I was studying, the pace was very fast and often too much to bear, and not its topsy-turvy. It's like telling Usain Bolt to run a marathon, which to him would be extremely infuriating.

MB is getting ready to fly back home because HQ (comprising mum and dad) has made their decision. I told him to make the his last week on foreign soil worthwhile, maybe do something out of the box. Oh joy, the ideas I could give him!!! He will be a changed man for sure once he lands in the motherland. MB accusing me of being a bad influence on him is pretty damning, but then again, he may be a tad bit right. Like they say- "what are friends for?" Due to the current situation we have decided terminate our 'affair' because long distance is never a good choice. LOL!!! Eventually, it was bound to happen and everything should take its course. Looking back on many things, MB is the only person who knows a lot about me from the uni crowd, and vice versa. I'm never the one to tell another everything about myself because there is no need to.

Lately, I have been experiencing hollow moments: a moment in which one feels completely and utterly removed from everything happening around him/her. They have been quite regular and steadily increasing with intensity. It feels like something is consuming me from within and spreading all over my system like a virus. Any form of entertainment doesn't seem to help either. I just hope there is no need to see a therapist who would give a diagnosis saying I'm unstable. Great heavens, what a disaster!!! In order to rid myself of this affect, I leave my room to take a walk to wherever it may be, quite often in the dead of night. Then there is a recurring stomach pain that won't let me be; most agonising due to having a life of its own. I have this awkward feeling that I sound like a hypochondriac?? Arrrrrrghhh.

No comments: