Monday, June 22, 2009

Mind Vs. Matter

So, what have I been doing all this while? Nothing. Yes, the answer is that simple!! Apart from eating, drinking, lots of sleeping, watching movies and going to gym, there is nothing else going on at the moment.

I must say that trying to lose weight is an uphill battle. But I think that I'm making progress. Slow and steady. One thing with the gym is that it could use an upgrade- for real!! It has been the same way since I started going, like 3 years ago. Although, at one point they did replace a sponge pad on one of the machines. Yippee folks, it ain't gona get any better than this, literally!! I have been making steady improvement on my weight lifting, trying to push myself to lift heavier each time. It's working for me quite well. The trick is to block out that signal coming from your brain refraining you from lifting heavy. You can't get rid of it in a cinch, rather it takes a long time to overcome. If one can control his mind, then lifting heavy weights would be much easier.

Another things is, I hate all this weight lifting wannabe's. There is a guy who comes to gym wearing leather shoes, slacks and a t-shirt. Is that jackass blind!??! Seriously, I don't get it. Anyone with a keen sense of observation would figure out right away that he is over-dressed. Instead, this moron rolls up the same way every time; talk about an eyesore!! On the other hand, I've also seen some guys who are really impressive and make you do better too.

I was just thinking one day about the kind of guy conversation I could like to have with a woman. What would top my list if a woman could talk about rugby, then maybe weights. Over here women like football, thus a conversation about rugby would be a rarity. Football is ok, but rugby is more manly, that's what I feel. Rugby is a full contact sport, one should be able to handle it as well as dish it out. Damn, I miss playing rugby, it's been ages since I played. I miss crashing into another guy, giving a tackle, running with the ball; basically playing like a team.

Ahhhh......what I would do to play a game rugby. Anything.

No comments: