Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Blow me away

In the last few days I've watched a couple of videos on youtube. Most of it was related to Britain's got talent- season 3. I was simply amazed by this woman- Susan Boyle, and a 12 year old boy- Shaheen Jafargholi. The woman is in her late 40's and has the voice of a nightingale, while the boy is like a prodigy. I was simply amazed and could hardly believe my ears. I think talent shows are a good thing, but everything has limits. Too much of anything is bad. What people fail to realise is to be realistic when entering a talent show. I remember listening to Paul Potts a year back. My God, the voice and the person emitting it was so captivating I played his part over again many times. I dare not enter any talent show because my singing would shatter glass. I'd rather sing in the shower than in front of some judges waiting to scrutinise my 'performance.' But amongst friends I have no worries. Susan Boyle is tipped to be the next Paul Potts. Good luck to her on that!!

After exams, I had this song being whispered to me in my sleep. Every time I woke from bed it would still be ringing in my ears. All I heard was 2 verses to my knowledge; 'head under water' and 'breathe easy for awhile.' It kept happening for a few days continuously, but I paid it no heed. Then I tried to check it up on the internet. Eureka!! It was a song by a singer named Sara Bareilles. The funny thing about this whole episode is that I've never heard of the singer and neither the song. How bizarre isn't it?? I just didn't know how to explain it in a rational way. It didn't make sense. I'm still trying to figure out how that song got in my head, but in vain. Guess I will never know. Doesn't it kill you to bits when realisation dawns that somethings you will never know?? It does to me. Looks like I have singer who appeared in my subconscions.

I wonder what people normally do after they graduate?? I'd like to know.....just to make sure if I'm on the right track or not. Everyone's is asking someone else their next move. I guess its a trend like ask-your-friends-next-move conversation. I feel a bit jittery at moments, but optimism reigns. I'm looking forward to the results on 28. Please don't ask if I'm potty or going out of my mind, but that's what I feel at this point. I just pray it comes out well, Insha Allah. After that, it will be another cycle all over again. Wonder what is in store for me??

No comments: