Monday, August 16, 2010

2 girls and Pizza Hut

Last Tuesday (August 10) I and MB (Mama's Boy) set out on a dinner date with 2 Malaysian ladies to pizza hut. I will call these ladies Mushy and Rai; the former being a uni friend and the latter being Mushy's work colleague. They are in Lanka for a workshop hosted by the Central Bank which has invited representatives from other central banks in the region. The previous weekend we took the girls on a small tour of Colombo, introduced them local cuisine, and of course shopping. We decided on pizza hut because Mushy wanted to treat us for the tour plus it was her b'day(I love when women take me out on treats!!) and Rai got a vibe for pizza.

So we got there and the waiter came to take our order. After that, Rai got into a conversation with one of the waiters.

Rai: Hi, its my friends' b'day today!!
Waiter: Really!! What's her name?
Rai: Why you asking, are you interested?!?
Waiter: Maybe...
Rai: Wow.... you have such a nice smile.

By this time the waiter windup like a top had no idea what was going on. I was seated on the couch enjoying the show hoping for more action. I'm sure no girl would have given a direct compliment to him before while working. He came back with our first pizza and started another chat with mushy.

Waiter: So...what's your name?
Mushy: Its Mushy...
Waiter: Are you Sri Lankan?
Mushy: No, I'm Malaysian.
Waiter: That's too bad... (it showed in his face too). Today's your b'day, and how old are you? I think you're 14.
Mushy: Actually... I'm 13!!

While half way through our meal some of the lights in one section of the floor went out, then another section- suddenly the entire pizza hut was in darkness. I have no clue if women can sense surprises, but both gave a squeal simultaneously seconds after lights went off. In the darkness I saw a procession and the one in front of it yelled "ITS MUSHY'S B'DAY!!!" Right after that all hell broke loose with the 2 girls choosing to scream instead of squeal (even I screamed since no could see anything at all!!). About 4 guys came near our table with an ice cream sundae and a burning candle.

Needless to say, I and MB found this episode very thrilling, not to mention rather biased. I mean, let's be honest because there's no way a guy would get the same treatment. Drat!! Near our table the group sang 'happy b'day' to which I rendered my vocals in full volume. When the b'day segment finished Mushy was really in a 'mushy' state and somewhat emotional. Until we left the place we proved to be the loudest, camera-flashlight-addicted, and mostly waited upon customers. Mushy didn't forget to take pics with the crew who did the b'day surprise, and left a good tip too.

Before walking out of that place we pulled on the if-you-had-a-good-time-please-ring bell which caused a slight stir. I think most people were happy that we left since the place became calmer than before. It was absolutely crazy and for a moment felt like I was in M'sia, like time had warped me back to a place I knew, a place I wanted to come back to.

There you are folks.... the story of how 2 women rocked Colombo's pizza hut and made the entire male crew go ga-ga!!!



1 comment:

najia said...

ahmed, i want to go to colombo!