Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Confession

Yes folks, I've decided to come out of the closet and set the record straight. I know its not easy to muster your strength in order to relive ones past that still holds sway- and does so very strongly. It has been an essential part of my life both at home and abroad. I could survive without indulging in it for a few days, but a longer period is next to impossible. So... I've decided to say it.

I'm a hugga-holic: a person who cant fall sleep without hugging a pillow!! I wont fall asleep by hugging any pillow, rather I need my 'special' pillow specifically procured for that purpose. Now do you see the problem?



This sudden realisation hit me last night while on my bed trying to fall asleep. It was obvious that sleep would not embrace me in its arms with all the odd times I've been keeping lately. I also felt a sharp mismatch in my pillows- one under my head being too stiff, while other feeling too lumpy. I had not bothered to buy new pillows although, the idea did come to mind at certain intervals.

It all started as a toddler when my parents used to tuck a pillow under my arm (cant recall if it was right or left though), which continued throughout my childhood. I used to call it 'bantal peluk' and didn't sleep without, actually I don't think I could have either. It was a part of my growing up all these years. My attachment to it was so strong, believe it or not, I took it to Malaysia on my very first visit; alas, it didn't survive the entire overseas tenure.

Can you imagine a guy packing a pillow in a suitcase? Don't answer that question!!

While on my bed I thought if its a healthy thing to still have strong attachments to a pillow. After all, I'm an adult now and it may seem a bit weird. I even have issues as to the softness and texture of my 'huggy' pillow. Talk about weird!! Thank God I'm anonymous on the internet, or am I?!?

I could see some future problems looming in terms of a wife-pillow conflict. What if there's a tussle for supremacy and my future wife says "ok....its either me or the pillow?" Maybe she might say "hug me more or the pillow gets it!!" No doubt it would turn pretty intense, not to mention emotional for me.

But.... lets not worry about these trivial things because I plan to have wifey-pillow time table, which guarantees fairness at all times. I might be slightly biased towards the pillow then!!! :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOLS!! You're a pillow-hugga-holic!!! LOLS :D :D How sweet!!

PS: Guess what?!? Me toooooo!!! hahaha :D

H

monday173 said...

Guess what? Me too!


I love my huggy pillow too!

monday173 said...

Guess what? Me too!


I love my huggy pillow too!