Sunday, April 27, 2008

Another "new" start

The "new" start that I am referring to here is not some promise or any sort of pledge. Rather, its the start of another new semester, around which my life has been revolving for the past few years. It so happens that the management in the hostel had decided to shake things up a bit, but in our case the impact was tremendous. These people were expecting us to switch to new rooms, the objective of which is beyond my comprehension. After staying in the same room for the past 3 years, these nincompoops want me and my friends to shift rooms. This was only the tip of the iceberg because 3 years of stay certainly accumulates a lot of things. Packing them up into boxes is hardly a simple matter, and just thinking of it makes me tired. We made up our minds to complain about the administrative move and we did so in the morning. Surprisingly, the person in the office took it quite well. Thus, my friends and I are still in the same place as before.

On a more action packed "kung fu" note, the weekend took us to watch the new film, 'forbidden kingdom'. The plot of the movie is not so elaborate as to make a persons jaw drop or having the viewer at the edge of the seat. But the action scenes are very well choreographed and done to perfection. There was also a slight touch of the orthodox Chinese aura in the film, while the Hollywood influence played a major part trying to create glamour as always. I would say the film will fair well with the action loving crowd and not forgetting the Chinese community who are addicted to Jackie Chan and Jet Li. Tomorrow is another day that I dread a lot because of having to start my working week all over again.

No comments: