Monday, April 21, 2008

A sense of accomplishment ....my quantum leap

Monday dawned like any other day, but it held a sign for my future. Today was to decide my ability in regaining the lost prestige that eluded me in the previous semester. The previous semester seemed like a mirage, in the sense that you felt being deceived by your lecturers. It started on a good note and before finals held the same sway, but did not deliver the expected results. Regaining ones lost glory is no easy task and nothing is left to chance, and i mean nothing at all!!! Morale was definitely flagging because of my dismal performance, and the will to carry on was but a mere flickering candle that could have been put out with the slightest breath of air. In spite of all that mum was a real sponge and took it all in her stride as always. She said "Don't worry, its a good thing that you got through in one piece". It was very reassuring, but I was not willing to accept it thinking there had to be more to what I could have done. I was pretty sure God did not like my conduct last semester.

This time around the tables have changed and the sky is brighter than ever before. I can feel the warmth of the sun spreading all over my body and heating me up inside. Oh!! the feeling to able to regain your lost form is beyond words and simply spectacular. The results were at once sent to the motherland, the prompt replies were received within a short span with hearty congratulations. I felt like screaming my lungs out, but my other two buddies didnt make it due tough subjects and lecturers who happened to have idiosyncratic marking schemes.

I have to thank God for the blessings since before checking the results my state of mind was not cool, calm and collected. Rather, it was close to being choked at the thought of seeing substandard results all over again. It would have felt utterly miserable to go through another experience of the same sort. This indeed feels like I am on cloud nine and just drifting away without a care in the world.

No comments: