Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Walking in the rain

I have always imagined what it would be like to just walk in the rain. Today, I didn't go to office because of a stomach pain, which resulted in me getting up late (2.30 pm to be exact). Hunger cannot be ignored in the slightest and I went to get some food from the canteen - the canteen that is run by a money obsessed and greedy old woman - to eat. When coming out it was raining quite hard, but I had seen worse. Being in a geographic area surrounded by mountains, I am often a victim of unexpected rain may it be small showers or heavy downpour. The only thing I like about rain is one thing, and that being it's beautiful to watch. In any way it occurs I always liked to watch the rain. I think rain is a natural phenomena marvellously orchestrated.

There is a small pond near my block and every time it rains the pond fills up. The water level rises to such a level, watching it gives me a pleasure. Anyway, after lunch I was stranded at the canteen thinking how to get back to my room. The rain was not going to stop anytime soon and neither any shelter along the way. Waiting for 15 minutes was not doing me any good while my level of patience eroded gradually. At this time it came like a flash and at first I was a bit hesitant. I was thinking "should I" or "should I not", but it took only a few minutes of deliberation. In the end I stepped out into the rain and started walking as would normally to the nearest shelter from the canteen. It was about 25 feet to the nearest shelter. Walking in the rain was very unorthodox, but why not just for a moment??? I mean as long as it doesn't go against any major moral or ethical issues it should be fine, I think?!? I mean to do it again very soon, but don't know how soon it would be.

I felt carefree and light without any troubles just for a moment. A moment such as that come by rarely to a person since life now is complicated and fast paced. All of us are trying to beat an apparatus -knows to as a clock- that has 24 hours making our life a mere synchronized movie. It's alright to let yourself "free" ones in a while to feel lighter and happier than the earlier moment.

No comments: