Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sleepy Head

The whole idea of doing an internship at a company is to be more familiar with the actual thing. The part I didnt realise is that people like us have no job description. This somehow makes us 'jack of all trades' within an office setting. My situation is quite ordinary as in work being delegated at intervals, but they are mostly minor tasks. It would take less than an hour to get it done on my part while the entire process may take a bit longer.

Yesterday i was chewing gum to see if it prevented me from falling asleep. It did work for some time and was quite effective until the air-conditioning was turned a bit high. It so happens that the air-con is just above me a few degrees to the right. Apparently, things don't always go according to how you plan and eventually your wrapped up in a veil of momentary snoozing that is hard to push away. Believe me I tried to blink my eyes and focus on different things that turned out to be fruitless. I even resorted to a few quick push-ups on the office floor, good thing no one saw me.

No comments: