Monday, September 28, 2009

Hold me and never let go

Post-traumatic notions have somewhat been lifted to an extent after the dreadful incident, although I still wish it all ahd been a bad dream. Upon further inspection, my friend had lost some USD and S'pore Dollars, and I, my only watch. We're trying to put all behind us now, but there is a constant sense of fear in our house. It's because we couldn't for sure figure out how the thief got in, and the only logical explanation is from the ceiling since there was no break-in. At times the tension becomes all too comical. Like yesterday night, after returning from an aimless gallivant I realised my friend (the third guy) had a knife stashed next to him. I only saw it when I went behind him because his posture -leaning fully stretched on the floor- covered all visibility of the object. Both of us inquired why and he said he had heard noise and kept the knife near him as a precaution. The way he said it made as roar for a good 5 to 7 minutes. Amidst many bad phases throughout the years, the three of us have managed to laugh too. How about that?!!?

The one person that gave me heart through all this was mum. During a video call my entire face was drooping to the floor, not to mention wrinkled and stressed out. She spoke to me in her usual tone, all calm and collected, full of advice. She told me not to look so sad and to smile because it made her son look good. Then she messaged me Holy verses, here's one of them: We will surely test you through some fear, hunger, and loss of money, lives, and crops. Give good news to the steadfast (2:155). At that time, I wished she was near me to rest my head on her lap, and just take comfort in her words thinking everything will be ok. Her words mean a lot to me, especially when she's the only one who keeps 3 men close together. She understands us, knows how we behave, what to say at any given time, our likes and dislikes, plus a whole lot more. She told that I'm a good listener than my brother who has little time to listen, and quite outgoing (the latter is true, but not sure about the former one). What she said to me 5 years ago before coming to M'sia still ring in my ears; she sat next to me and while patting my head whispered "I know you haven't done well in your studies in school, but I always believe that you can do better....because I have faith in you." Those words kept me going through uni, through rain and shine, lifting my sagging spirits from time to time. God bless my mum because she makes me be a better man. She knows just what to say, and to have that ability is nothing short of a psychic.

Convo is around the corner, but I don't feel like jumping for joy, or should I?!? All of my recent entries must be sounding bloody ominous, right?? I just want to get the whole thing over with since its considered an important milestone in ones life. My parents are flying in, so that itself proves how big a deal it really is. Currently, I'm re-evaluating all of my future moves due to a few pressing matters back home. I have no intention of idling away doing nothing, life is too short for all that. Insha Allah, I will have a clear picture after convo, after a thorough discussion with mum and dad. Until then, I can only wait.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for watever happened...but keep ur chin up!things will perk up sooner or later! iAllah amin... :)