Saturday, September 19, 2009

How much worse can it really get?!!?

The past 24 hours has been the worst in my life on foreign soil. Yesterday, around 10.40pm I got a call from my roomie with the news of our house being burgled. The thief had taken my office laptop and my friends' digital camera. I thought at first it was some sort of a hoax, but then it was not so. It a matter of seconds everything went from happy to depressed. I was in a cheery mood coming to my relatives house in JB after a night of shopping, not to mention getting a hair-cut with a very relaxing massage. Raya was very intoxicating, thus I was already high with the festive mood. After a phone call with my boss this afternoon, who queried why I kept my laptop at home; he further went to say even he doesn't keep valuable things in his house. What kind of bullshit is that?? If you can't keep valuables in your house, then where else?? One thing is for sure though, money for the laptop will come out of my pocket.

As related by my friend, there were no signs of forced entry, everything looked the same as they had left it before leaving the place. Upon their return nothing was out of place except for the missing laptop, digital camera, and a ransacked suitcase belonging to my roomie who lost the camera. All suspect that the thief would have descended from the ceiling because there is no other way of entering the apartment. Height would be around 8-9ft from ceiling to floor, which means the thief is very agile in scaling such heights. The best part is even the police couldn't figure out how the thief got in!!! Talk about effective crime fighting, eh?

I could hardly sleep a wink last night, only sleep deprivation forced shut my eyes after Subah prayers. That entire time I was thinking how to fix this situation, better yet, why does shitty occurrences like this seem to revolve around me?? On Thursday -the day I was to arrive in JB- I left home 2 hours ahead of my departure time, but still missed the bus. Traffic from Chow Kit to Masjid Jamek was crawling at a snails pace, add to that the stupid decisions drivers make when stuck in a jam which exacerbated the whole situation. I had 30min to make it from Pudu to Bukit Jalil, and how wrong I was in my estimation since the bus driver took 15min out of that to fill the bloody bus. Finally, nearing Bukit Jalil it started to pour like that area previously had a drought and this rain would bring it back to life. Wet and thoroughly soaked, I made it to my designated bus terminal only to find out the best buss is in another hour. Hearing that I felt a bit happy because, obviously who wouldn't?!!? But nothing works out like its supposed to, so I actually got on board around 7.30pm after buying food for ifthar, that too, I had to make a second trip in the rain. This is my most eventful balik kampung so far!!

In the end, I was happy that I at least got a seat in another bus and got to JB safety. From hereon it was all going to a jolly time. I WAS SO FUCKING WRONG!!!

I have been constantly and consistently tested by God since my graduation like never before. I took everything in good stride, not even doubting for a moment the infinite wisdom of God. Oh my Merciful Lord, I am holding on by a thread, this is becoming too much to bear. I kept on looking for the light at the end of the tunnel, but instead of seeing the light only darkness prevails. I need to be optimistic, I know that, then again when bad luck keeps on kicking your ass there has be a time-out. God, forgive me what I'm going to do now.

I curse the thief who stole from my friend and I because we never took what belonged to others. I curse you with every ounce of hurt that lingers in my heart. I hope you lose all that you have and more, accumulated from all those you have stolen from previously.

1 comment:

lubnaaa said...

Forgiveness is never easy. Allah answers the prayers of those who have been wronged. Even if you don't get your revenge here, you will in the Hereafter.

I'm sorry things have been so shitty for you lately. Remember to breathe, ok? And if you feel like having a mad rant session to blow off some steam, by all means.

Just don't harp on it for too long. :)