Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Hold your horses....... please!!

I can't for the life of me understand why people are already celebrating when fasting is hardly over?? I'm not the type to rain on anyone's parade, but what gives!! Just last week, I heard songs being played in many shops as if the big day will vanish all too suddenly minus the proper fanfare.

So, what's new?? I think everyone should start a random entry this way, just for fun. :)

With an idea of increasing my chances of securing a 'proper' job, I have applied for a professional course in IBF (Islamic Banking & Finance). Although, at first it was not my intention of entering this field, due to all the disputed industry practices clashing with theoretical norms, later I thought of seeing what it has to offer. The course also gives out scholarships, thank God, one of which I'm hoping will come my way.

In the home front things are looking pretty well because quite a few people are handing down a few stuff to fill up the empty place. We even got a stove from my family friend who encouraged us to start cooking. We are hoping to get down n' dirty, expect eventual screw-ups, not to mention adopt a trial-and-error philosophy in all culinary endeavours. I love the culture of hand-me-down's as long as whatever handed down is in good condition.

Some people have started advertising for ifthar as well. The following words "bukan berbuka biasa' are from a notice which I saw about a week ago. Looks like people are getting bored of the conventional style and are set to try something new. Seriously, bukan berbuka biasa?!!?

There is no feeling of being in the clouds this time as before. It was this time last year, beyond my better judgement, that I allowed myself to be drawn into a lady. Attempts were made to catch a chance encounter, or better yet have a live audience with her friends. Ahhhh.... those were the days!! I must be honest, the systematic planning along with dreaming of 'what if' situations were very interesting. As of currently, everything is more of a stalemate. It's not that now I wish it had worked out, but rather, the whole episode taught me an important lesson.

The lesson- thy time is not now, thus take a breather under the shaded tree of patience. Thou has obligations overdue, which ye must fulfill to the best of thy ability. There is a lot to be done, to be achieved, to be gained; now is the time.

Habitually, I'm a person who never thinks about how things could have been different because it's beyond human comprehension. Those intricacies are better left to God, and His infinite wisdom. Whatever transpires will be in my best interest, although it can be perceived differently as well.

Being the only bachelor in your workplace doesn't help either. Everyone wants to know if there is 'someone' in my life. I declared early on to everybody that there is no such 'someone', and put an end to speculation. Two of my friends -both having studied in the same place as me- went to the motherland to get hitched. All I can say is 'good luck!!' During their dating period the guy started to show improvements in his academic standing, which was quite stunning to all the guys; he was in the Dean's List ever since. Many of us gave credit to the girl thinking she had made an immense impact on the chap because it was the only variable.

Hmmm...... how about that folks!! Can a lady turns things about with her charm??

No comments: