Sunday, October 19, 2008

The final yard, bluff and blunders, and stinky socks!!

“O my Lord! Expand my breast; ease my task for me; and remove the impediment from my speech, so they may understand what I say” (20:25-28).

This recitation helped me to overcome a very bad case of stammering back in the day, and it took some perseverance on my part as well. Do keep in mind that God will not help those who don’t want to help themselves.

Only one way to say this......... it’s gonna be one hell of a long post. If you have the time, do check out ‘Asma Allah’ by Sami Yusuf. It’s a very good song and I keep on listening to it over, and over again at one time. Another one would be 'I only ask of God' by Outlandish.

As final exams knocks at your door you can only wonder as to where all the time went. Memories are still fresh of how the new semester started; I even remember my first day of campus quite vividly. Then, I was delusional that everyone followed university rules and protocol only to learn that it was all a farce. Right then, back to the present. Things are looking bright this semester, but then again it is most of the time until finals. The past few days have been unbelievably hectic, physically excruciating, mentally stressful, and not to mention a stark realisation of ‘oh hell!! We’re doing the same shit again and again.’ I have not had a more eventful week this semester than this one.

One of my strengths is the ability to express and articulate myself better than others. It must be because I can talk, talk, and talk some more until the cows come home. Anyway, the presentation for strategic management got a bit queasy at the end. We hadn’t stated recommendations for the company in which we had to analyse. But fear not, the report would be edited accordingly. Last Friday’s presentation took the cake easily by a mile. To make it short, halfway during the presentation there was a mix up with the slides because a presenter didn’t know how to return to the original slide after clicking a hyperlink. What followed was ‘esc’; then ‘start the ppt again’; and continue from the breakdown point. My heart was in my mouth with the thoughts ‘crap!! Now we’re really going to lose marks.’ We didn’t forget the corporate video. Yea, that’s how we roll!!! After the entire escapade, my lecturer said “very good presentation. You should have presented first to set the benchmark for the other groups.” Hearing this remark my ego along with the other members soared to Himalayan levels. It got me thinking as to how we actually pulled it through?? Are we so good at selling a bluff and not get caught for it!?! The answer was simple ‘hell yea, baby!!’

I have had it with my neighbour and his hygiene issues. I don’t care unless it affects me directly and disrupts my lifestyle. This dude removes his socks and puts them on the ledge outside my room. Mind you, he wears them to play, and then dumps it on the ledge outside my door. Can you imagine the pain and agony of having that stench hit your sensors every day? I found a solution for it. I bet you would do the same. I threw the socks off the ledge!!

O Most Compassionate, have compassion on our weaknesses

O Forgiver, forgive our sins

O Concealer, conceal our faults

O Bestower of honour, bestow honour on our Ummah

O Grantor of prayers, answer our prayers

O Gentle One, be gentle with us

Ameen!!!

p.s – If you see me wearing black trousers all the time just know that I have no clothes to wear except for 3 pairs of black trousers. The culprit is weight loss. My other trousers are like gunnies so, it wont look cool. After landing in the motherland, first thing is SHOPPING!!!


No comments: