Friday, November 21, 2008

Hello..... I'm your liaison

Let's make a long thing short now shall we because time is of the utmost essence. A groups of six members (two boys and four girls) from ABIM are here in lanka to learn more about the Malays and all aspects regarding their existence. All of the members are from UIA, and I had a chance to meet them in M'sia before their departure for a briefing about the island. Having landed on the 15 of this month, the tour will wind-up at the end of November.

Tomorrow, the group will be taken to Hambantota (Ham-ban-to-ta) since it's a predominantly Malay area, and one of the earliest Malay colonies in the island. I'm to accompany them to help in certain circumstances, and also bapa is organising everything. During their stay in H'tota, until Sunday, we hope to give them an insight into the Malays of the south. H'tota is located in a coastal area in the south-west of the island. The name is coined from two separate words fused into one; 'sampan' meaning boat, and 'tota' meaning port. It should be an interesting trip for them as well as for myself. The last time I visited that area was after the devastation caused by the tsunami in January 2005.

After typing this entry, I will have less than 5 hours to get some much needed sleep. My time of departure is 5.30 am from home. A van will come to pick me up and the last stop would be the group. I'm sure that your curiosity is at a very high point, wanting to know what these people encountered. Do check out their blog for interesting aspects of their tour- http://gptd-srilanka.blogspot.com/

Be assured of a detailed report after I return to Colombo on Sunday evening. I have no doubt that there will be a lot stories and exciting incidents to unwrap on this virtual portal. Until then, ciao!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

from ABIM? cool! i emailed u yday la, dont know whether u received it or not

Anonymous said...

from ABIM? cool! i emailed u yday la, dont know whether u received it or not