Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tuk-tuk, 8 ball pool with hidden skills

I stepped out of the house to meet up with a few close friends. It's the first time since I came back home because most of these chaps are busy with work and what not. A time and place was set with the boys meeting me after work. As I left the house it was drizzling, and the sky dark as if it was in mourning. A black veil shrouded the evening sky prematurely giving birth to night. I boarded a tuk-tuk, while directing the driver to take me to the junction from where expecting to board a bus. Riding a tuk-tuk (known here as a tri-shaw) is an experience in itself. Due to its miniature size creeping in and out through the busy traffic is one attribute many commuters appreciate. Given the haphazard construction of the roads, resulting in many potholes, the ride is quite bumpy. If the driver is really impatient to finish the journey, you will even be lucky enough to fly off the seat.

As I approached the destination, my mates were already waiting for me, and the usual welcome ensued. A hearty welcome is something as the follows

"hello, you bugger!! good to see you, so what did you get for me?"
"machan, did you know that this bugger had been dating on the sly??"
"guess what? D is still a bit queer!! hahaha"

Many a comments after, we decided to indulge in a game of pool. The pool table is smaller than a billiards table and has 8 balls per player inclusive of the all important black. Pool is a very popular past time of the young adult crowd as well as teens. I played the first game and surprisingly won to my amazement. I hadn't held a stick in years, but bloody hell, I was whooping my friend to smithereens. He got all hot and bothered about the whole situation, but was a good sport. During the many matches we played there were many antics, theatrics, and our 'what if' situations. The guys just went on and on about all the hypothetical things conjuring up insane notions over and over again.

During this time, I felt back at home. It was like I had never left, and the feeling, priceless!!

Chatting about our current lives brought about many interesting aspects worth notice. One had been chosen as the 'customer service executive of the year.' It was like he had won the award and bragging rights along with it. A treat is definitely in order, and we shall have it one way or the other! I was the only one wearing jeans and t-shirt, while the rest cut a pretty good picture with their office attire. Smart office shirts, trousers, and ties to match, any lady would have got hot under the collar. When we get together we are somewhat a merry bunch of friends, or comrades. Time spent is always lively, and never a sombre moment. There is ALWAYS something to talk about.

We're hatching a plan for a phenomenal get-together of most the chaps consisting our inner circle. An outing to the hills because most of the guys are coming to lanka. We want to make it a time to remember, a gathering for all time!! Wheels are in motion, while the ground work having entered the preliminary stage. This is so so exciting!!

No comments: