Sunday, January 18, 2009

0500 Hours

I must confess that since lately an addiction has taken over me, and I fear it will take sometime to get rid of. I just can’t help, but be drawn into it every time. Even though, I realise that the exercise is time consuming, it is quite difficult to let go. Even if I want to stop doing it, my mates will somehow coerce me into it. Then I cave under the pressure and agree without a second thought. More I do it, the more it clings on to you like a leech, feeding on the addiction inside your body.

I really have to stop doing this........... playing cards for hours is certainly not healthy!!

What?? I hope you folks reading this expected something life threatening, huh?? I’m quite free from life threatening addictions, thanks to God. I would thank my skills of observation because it helped me learn from others. Learning from others is a core trait that I possess, and try to hone most of the time. Maybe I’m a fairly good reader of people and their psyche. Well, I think the statement holds sway to a certain extent.

Currently, I’m in the midst of gathering information for an assignment due on Monday, not to mention having a quiz as well. I’m kind of glad that 4 months from now it will be over. After that, of course, is another ball game. I don’t occasionally stay up past this hour unless it’s something of dire importance.

Silence is now my sole companion, all the others are in deep slumber. The silence motivates me to drift away, to my own place. In it, I voice out many things: ramblings, musings, and what not. I’m the speaker, and not to mention the only ardent listener as well. Idiosyncratic as this may sound, it works pretty well for me. I’ve developed my own style of stress release, and keeping in check with reality. I release whatever that is pent-up in me to the external environment. Words float in the air, and absorbed into the atmosphere. In this case, walls don’t have ears!!! I classify this as looking into myself from an external perspective, or said- ‘from the outside looking in.’ Thus far, I have not been labelled potty or a loony, since this activity is confined to a specific place- so, quite happy about that.

Where am I going with this?? Answer is only God knows.

************************
Apparently, many people are full of encouragement and advice in trying to assist me in regard to the anonymous damsel in my blog. Only a handful (my mates) knows the true identity of this person, and I trust it will not be revealed. I have to consider the privacy of the one concerned, thus cannot jeopardise any exposure. I can’t act in a selfish manner, and think it’s quite not-so-gentlemanly. I also despise any unwarranted publicity to be shone on her on my account. But I thank all those who did offer their help- much appreciated.

Good night folks!! Ciao!!

1 comment:

widaad said...

do u now how to play pact? i mean with the cards. it's awesome!! must play sometime.

haven't seen you for some time. hope to bump in to u n ur sidekick soon. batman and robin of iium