Friday, January 02, 2009

How the cookie crumbles

I just received news that the army had captured the heart of rebel territory, the bastion of LTTE pride, which they have been flaunting for so long. I must say, it's about time that we gave them a run for all the pain being caused over quarter of a century. I feel very proud of the forces for risking what they hold most dear- their lives- in order to complete such a offensive. I couldn't believe it when I read emak's sms. I thought it was too soon for the terrorists to give up.

Indeed, the forces are gaining significant ground, while the LTTE runs with tails behind their legs. This is one of the battles in which we have come out victorious, the war is far from being won. But I have a feeling that an end is near. Where all the territories will come under one sovereign rule, part of one Sri Lanka.

Today, after prayers there was a protest outside the mosque against the Israeli onslaught against Palestine. The ironic part being, none of the Palestinians were to be seen.

Hmmm.....how about that??

Let me be very realistic about this whole thing. Only actions can get the Muslims noticed and not burning effigies, or protests, or statements condemning the attacks. We will not be taken seriously at all. That's why we are being abused over and over again..... and it doesn't look like stopping anytime soon.

My views on terrorism on another day.....until then, ciao!!!

No comments: