Sunday, September 14, 2008

23 yrs + 1 day

Yesterday went rather well actually. In the beginning, I started receiving many sms’ during the day. The best one came from my father. Yep, you can count on your dad cum lawyer to boost ones flagging spirits. The sms read “Salams, Many happy returns of the day. May Allah (swt) bless you with strong Iman, good health, superior knowledge and give you the Hidayah to work sincerely for the establishment of His sovereignty on earth. Have a blessed day!” I saw the sms when I woke up to eat for sahur. Needless to say, I felt very much energised by just reading it. Another sms that I really liked was “Happy Birthday Ahmed! May Allah grant you years in your life, and bless you with life in your years, Insha Allah. Have a great day!” All the others were more or less the same.

I had been invited for an ifthar by some Sri Lankans living outside of campus. I got there early and helped out as much I could. While helping out, I got this feeling of enthusiasm. It may have been due to partaking in the preparation, which I thought was quite a noble thing. But I felt good within for a while. Then later, it started to recede gradually. I must say the food was very much above par, and did not hold back on it.

I sat many times on a chair near a few windows that could glimpse the sky. It was a bit removed from the rest of the crowd. Many had asked a friend of mine if there was something wrong with me. After breaking fast, I used to sit on that chair a few times. I would gaze up at the sky and stare; the moon was out so majestic and bright. I watched it skim through dark clouds visible for a few seconds and hidden for a longer time. It was something like how I felt. I felt good for a reasonable period of time, and then not so well later onwards. I was not upset, or irritated, or angry at anything. I could not point a finger on what was making me feel so “not myself.” Towards the end of the event more people had inquired about my situation; some more than once. When my friend inquired I said “Everything is fine, man. No worries.”

Why make others worry about something that worries you?? Unless that person can sincerely empathise with you to that emotion or situation.

No comments: