Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The beginning

As the fasting month dawned I wanted to make myself a better person. Its not that I am a hardened criminal, a psycho or sociopath, but the desire to purify my soul felt ever so great. I am not an exemplary Muslim role model by far. Nevertheless, I try to the best of my ability to follow the instructed path given by God. I have to release all the pent up guilt accumulated from the last fast, and ask forgiveness from the Lord. Thus, my quest for redemption is about to begin.

The first day passed by without much effort. It is mostly due to staying indoors and not going about anywhere. Once resuming campus, it is expected to become more arduous. Running around here and there would obviously get a person exhausted. Today, I went to a hawker street to find an array of lovely food. At that same moment I thought why the hawkers in KL didn't sell some of the food I saw here?? Its quite appalling to find the same type of food from stall to another, and not to mention a waste of time. We should create a business module for the hawkers called 'Hawker 101.' They quite badly need a differentiation strategy to stay in business and attract customers.

I will try with all my strength to be a better person this fasting month. While talking to a friend back home I dropped the question "How's fasting going?" The reply I got was quite unorthodox and not to mention amusing from a guys perspective. He quipped "It's okay man. Keeps me away from shagging." This is a perfect example of different views regarding a certain matter. That is all I am saying.

No comments: