Saturday, September 13, 2008

Just another ordinary day.....

Time: 00.38 to 1.25 am (13th Sept)

Place: My abode

A new day dawns and this one reminds me of my entrance to the world. To me, it’s just another day as usual. I’ve had bittersweet memories in regard to birthdays. Maybe, I am the only one, or are there others?

In my case birthdays are times to reflect, ponder and gather ones thoughts. Taking stock of what happened, what is happening now, and what will happen in the future consumes a lot of time. Being the thinker that I am; there is nothing else worth while to do anyway. It’s not like I hate birthdays or spurn the thought of it. It’s just that in my case things don’t turn out the way they are supposed to. Many without doubt will be able to relate to this situation in a magnitude of ways. But please, I don’t want to start on this matter. Let’s just sweep it under the rug for now.

Being 23 years ‘younger’ is not an easy feat by far. Reason for using the term “younger” is not a detour to shun the fact that I’m getting older. By far, it’s very much contrary to the point. It’s just that it sounds rather amusing, and so too thought my friend who called to wish me past midnight. Getting older is only natural; thus, bring it on. I must say the thought of being remembered by so many of your old mates is very thrilling. Reminiscing about the good old days certainly brings a shimmer to my eyes. A gleam of light spreads over my eyes surface for a few seconds. There is a rush of emotions and sentiments when thinking about the good old days. Good old days compose of a strong memory cocktail of the good; the bad; and the ugly. I keep saying inside my head “Good God!! Those were the days eh?!?” I think everyone wants to hold on to a piece of their past, which they cherish so dearly. Even though, that past maybe a bitter moment that taught an important lesson.

Currently, I am fighting to keep my emotions in check. The accused in this case would be raging hormones that are beyond my slightest control. These were triggered due my heterosexuality. Always these incidents are much unexpected, and not to mention sudden. Why not think of it as a game of hide and seek?? Ones hidden feelings start sprouting out, even subconsciously, it keeps on flowing. I could relate to my emotions lately as water being shot out of a fountain. Have anyone of you felt very light when walking? Or maybe just stare at something for hours on end thinking about only one thing? I am guilty as charged.

I’ve got a crush on you, my sweetie pie
All the day and night-time hear me sigh
I never had the least notion that
I could fall with so much emotion
Could you coo, could you care???

No comments: