Monday, September 01, 2008

One heck of a ride...

This entry is coming after a very very long time. Due to my academic commitments blogging had to take a break. Since the mid semester break started I was anxious to go to JB. I hadn't seen my nephew in a long while. I missed the cute and naughty little boy like crazy.

On Sunday, I packed my bags and left uni about 1pm and reached the bus terminal an hour later. When I inquired with my usual coach service I would have to wait until 7pm to get a seat. This was of course out of the question. I am never the one to buy tickets without knowing the quality of service provided by a company, but I had little choice. I bought a ticket from a lady who said the bus is leaving at that instant, that being 2pm. When I reached the bus it was already full, which I did not see as a good sign. A guy with a walkie-talkie was quick to assure me that another coach is coming shortly. Little did I know his version of 'shortly' measures to about 2 hours. Until my coach arrived a lot was happening in the surroundings. I was inhaling carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide and sulphur dioxide from the fumes of the many other coaches around me. I was guilty of second hand smoking thanks to many men, and also not to mention women. Let me be blunt for a second; a smoking woman just drives me potty. I am not the one to ruin the argument on gender equality, but smoking just takes the feminine touch out of a woman. I passed my time thinking of ways to clobber and mutilate the servicemen who promised me an early coach, and not living up to it. Business ethics is in a very sorry state. My patience was wearing very thin and if it was back home the scenario would have got a bit ugly.

I finally got a the coach at about 4pm and sat down exhausted. Standing for 2 hours with a bag is certainly not very comforting to ones back and spine. I was on the road and started to read 'Men's Health' in order to get an update on what's new in a man's world. An hour into the ride things started to get very cold, and the culprit was the air-con. I think people are seriously given the wrong impression about the air-con. Its to keep people cool from the heat and humidity, and not to make them feel as if they are in Antarctica. If the freezing was not enough, I was starting to feel hungry around that time. Coming colour was definitely not any good. Halfway through the journey, I made up my mind about the freezing air-con and hunger. It was really starting to work, and what happened next made me lose my cool. The dimwit sitting next to me decided to take off his shoes and put it up on his seat. The stench from his socks was just unforgivable. I am certain he missed a lot of lessons on etiquette throughout his life, and despising this ass was hardly an issue. I felt like vomiting on his face, and then stuffing one sock in his mouth while choking him with the other. It certainly would have been a very satisfying means of revenge, not to mention fitting from my perspective. Did I mention that the driver talk on the phone as if he is addressing the political rally?? Well, that chap talking is an ear full, no doubt. One thought flashed clearly in mind, and that was "this is really not your day, dear boy!!"

Reaching Skudai gave me much relief due to obvious reasons that I had to undergo during the journey. Next time I will not travel in another coach service than my usual one due to incidents of this sort. Thus, I wish to forget this foul episode from my short term memory, but I fear it will stay for sometime. Do note that harmful notions only develop when I am subjected to extreme mental pressure. Apart from that I am a very cool person, I assure you!!

No comments: