Saturday, September 27, 2008

Goodbyes.... temporary or forever!!!

A lot of things are swimming in my head this time. Even though, it's the fasting month incidents have kept unfolding at a rapid pace. Firstly, this song keeps on playing in my faculties at exponential rates. I just cannot explain it; the emotions that I feel when hearing this song is beyond compare. I have absolutely never felt anything like it before. The chorus is without a doubt engraved in my subconscious mind, that keeps on repeating itself over and over again. Describing this state is simply beyond me, and I will not even try.

Secondly, the number of tragic deaths that were reported during this holy month is so unreal. What in God's name is the world coming to?? An African stabbed to death in Wangsa Maju; the victim was provoked by a local calling him "nigger." I don't blame the victim for wanting to kick the assailants ass. I say break a few bones while your at it. In the end, an entire gang came down on the African and he succumbed to his injuries. The body was brought to the campus mosque for afternoon prayers. I felt revengeful towards the killers, and sad for the deceased since he was ONLY 19.

Then, there was my friend, country mate, and roomie since I started uni; his dad was in a serious state. A blood clot in the brain, and the news was not good from the home front. Operating the clot was ruled out by the doctors. This scenario is all too familiar in my stored memory. My grandfather had a similar situation that resulted in a stroke, and he never made it through. I hope and pray that my friends father does not acquire the same fate. My mate hopped on a plane and went home on Thursday. I know how he feels; the anxiety; the pressure; and not to mention fearing the inevitable. Seeing ones father on a hospital bed fighting for dear life, I pray no child should see. I saw it in 2006 when went back home, and don't wish it again- forever!!

Finally, my room mate from Syria is going back home after 5 years. I cannot even summon up the word to relate to this scenario. It just blows me away. The sheer depth of it left me speechless, and not to mention awestruck. Here was a man who stayed away from home for 5 years throughout his undergraduate life. Now he is even scared to go back home knowing very well that it's not the same place it once was. I wish him the best, but don't know if our paths will cross ever again.

No comments: